I love a good roundup post, so that's what you'll get on Fridays from here on out. You'll get a roundup of five things bringing me joy. If you want my 5 simple things email, sign up for my email list. It's a little different than this one and includes a roundup of posts I've written or things I've made for the week so you don't miss out on any of that!
Because of #minimalism, I'll never tell you about something I don't see as useful or beautiful here. And if you don't think what I'm telling you about is useful or beautiful? Don't give it the time of day. Now that we've got that one out of the way, let's dive on in!
PS, bolded words are links, so you can click them. I need to figure out how to fix my layout so my links will stand out more, but til then, hope this helps :)
Lauren Daigle's New Album
Also life changing- Look Up Child by Lauren Daigle came out this week and I've had it on repeat all day. If I have music on in the background during the day, especially encouraging, beautiful music like this, it seems to make me more present and less stressed. Highly recommend this album! Go listen!!
Gemma is walking, has a tooth, and is turning one soon!
What in the actual world? So many changes. She's so big. I kinda love it and kinda need it to stop all at once because WHERE IS MY BABY GOING? Look forward to a motherhood memoir coming up on my first year of motherhood next week!
An encouraging instagram post from last Friday that I want you to read.
I felt like this message was really on my heart and I'd love to share it with you. And hey, while you're at it, follow me on Instagram if you aren't already! PS it's a super cute baby pic, so don't miss it!
Painting my Cupboards.
While I'm pretty sure I moved into a home with practically new cupboards in the kitchen, I also was not a huge fan of the color because white cupboards are everything to me. I painted them even though everyone told me not to and I'm LOVING them so far. Will share updates soon. Also, let me know, because I'm not a home decor blogger but are you interested in knowing how I've painted cupboards TWICE? Because I feel like I've done a pretty good job if I do say so myself! Maybe a post is to come on this, we'll see! PS I use Dixie Bell Chalk Paint
Other things I need to tell you about:
- If you like to plan your days, I recently wrote about how I plan mine, and there's a free brain dump template along with the post!
- My friend is opening a craft bar in Charlottesville. You read that right, not craft beer- literally crafts. Pretty cool, right?
- I just finished Girl, Wash Your Face which is amazing, but you probably already know about this
- Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey Off the Beaten Path is still my favorite book I read this year
- If you're a mom and want to start journaling, or even blogging, this resource can hep you
- If you haven't listened to our podcast yet, what are you waiting for?
Sorry, I just needed to tell you about more than five things.
Alright, that's all for now! Have a FANTASTIC weekend, friends!